129 Crossing Ct.Whitmore Lake , MI , 48189 42° 24' 34.0344" N, 83° 45' 8.2764" W
In partnership with Christian families, Ann Arbor Christian School offers Christ-centered, academically excellent education that challenges students to live and act in society as committed followers of Jesus Christ.
As a Christian community, we:
- Profess faith in God as our Creator, and interweave God’s infallible Word — the Old and the New Testaments — into the teaching of all subjects.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and affirm Christ as Lord in all areas of life.
- Believe the Holy Spirit is working among us, and encourage each student to discover his or her unique gifts and respond to God’s guidance.
Maintain a Christ-centered focus
- Recognize that Ann Arbor Christian School is Christ’s school and that all school activities are to glorify God.
- Nurture students’ spiritual growth through prayer, worship, and Bible study so they learn to apply Biblical principles to their lives.
- Encourage students to develop a fervent love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to serve Him throughout their lives.
Provide excellent academics
- Recognize each student’s uniqueness, and challenge students to fully develop the spiritual, intellectual, artistic, and physical gifts God has given them.
- Balance teaching of basic skills with units that incorporate many subject areas.
- Guide students toward a Christian worldview by integrating faith into academic subjects.
Challenge teachers and staff to excel
- Offer staff members the opportunity for professional growth.
- Provide salaries and compensation designed to attract and retain highly qualified Christian teachers.
- Encourage teachers to draw appropriate materials from varied resources and adapt curriculum instruction to meet students’ learning needs.
Partner with parents in a Christian community
- Involve parents to actively participate in the education of their children and ensure open communication between parents and teachers.
- Provide opportunities for parents to serve in the day-to-day operation, success, and promotion of the school.
- Build a caring community recognized for loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
Operate the school with integrity and Christian love
- Follow God’s Law and all governmental laws that apply to preschool through 8th grade Christian education and childcare.
- Establish the governing body of the school (the Board) through annual elections.
- Exercise fiscal responsibility through creative stewardship of our community’s resources.